Our Campus and Location
Kyoto Women’s University is located in Higashiyama, Kyoto, which is home to a multitude of national treasures and important cultural assets, such as Kiyomizu-dera temple and Sanjusangen-do temple. The campus contains the university’s faculties, graduate schools, and affiliated research institutions. The kindergarten and the elementary, junior high, and senior high schools belonging to the same school organization are situated next to campus. In addition to visits to historic sites, the location provides aranged opportunities to see classical arts and to visit art galleries. Students enjoy their campus life in the quiet and peaceful environment of Higashiyama. The Kyoto International Manga Museum, one of the representatives of "Cool Japan" is only 3 stations by subway from Kyoto Station. The university has outstanding access to other popular places in Kansai, situated only about 30 minutes to one hour from Osaka, Kobe, and Nara.
From Kansai International Airport to JR Kyoto Station
- by train: approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes by JR Kanku Express "Haruka"
- by bus: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes by airport limousine bus
From Kansai International Airport to Keihan Shichijo Station
- by train: approx. 1 hour and 50 minutes: from JR Kansai Airport Station to JR Tennoji Station, change to Osaka Loop Line for JR Kyobashi Station, and change to Keihan Line for Shichijo Station
From JR Osaka Station to JR Kyoto Station
- by train: approx. 30 minutes on JR Kyoto Line, by Shin-Kaisoku
From JR Osaka Station to Keihan Shichijo Station
- by train: approx. 60 minutes from JR Osaka Station to JR Kyobashi Station, change to Keihan Line for Shichijo Station
From JR Tokyo Station to JR Kyoto Station
- by train: approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes by Shinkansen "Nozomi"